Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stormy Weather


Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday, but it was a fairly busy day for me. The homemakers' club had it's meeting yesterday, and that seems to stretch for most of the day, so I wanted to be sure and have my housework done, and dinner set-up before I left.
I peeled the potatoes for mashing before I went, covered them in cold water, and put the whole pot in the fridge, so all I had to do when I got home was put the pot on the heat to boil. The meatballs had been frozen naked, so what I had to do for them was get the cream of mushroom soup and water mixed together in the slowcooker and stir in the mostly thawed meatballs to heat on low until dinner time, just before I left at 11am. For a veggie, we had steamed green beans from the freezer. They're really showing they're age, since they're from last summer's crop, and I'll be very glad when the new beans come in.
There was a very big storm that came through last night at ten or so. It was so loud (and I'll admit it, scary... I've gotten a bit wimpy about the storms because everyone says tornado alot down here) we ended up staying up until about eleven when it had quieted down a bit. I think it rained and stormed most of the night, but I didn't hear it. Staying up that bit extra had made me very tired.
Today I was thinking about baking something different. We have some frozen berries that I'd like to use, since they're a few months old. I think we bought them for smoothies, but we never remember them, and there seems like there's always plenty of other stuff to throw into the smoothies. I'm thinking some sort of berry crumble. A mixed berry pie might be good too, but I've never made a crumble before, and it seems like a fun new thing to try.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Alison said...

I've gotten braver with storms because we don't get tornadoes here. We have hurricanes, but that's rare.

Bethany said...

It's weird, I never used to be scared, but in MI it seemed different. Maybe I just felt safer since I was in my parents' house instead of in charge of my own.

Related Posts with Thumbnails