Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cinderella

This morning I made the mistake of asking Ben if there was anything he'd like me to take care of today. Of course, out of all the things he could have wanted, which is usually nothing, when I ask him most days, he asks me to clean the baseboards.

I hate cleaning baseboards. The only up side to it is that whenever I scrub on my hands and knees with a bucket around, I get to sing "Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale" and pretend I'm in Cinderella. Oh sure, sometimes I mix things up a bit and sing "In My Own Little Corner".

Anyway, I got the job half done, with the other half for tomorow. That was pretty much my big accomplishment for today. I might have gotten all of them scrubbed, but I got distracted in the kitchen, and wiped down all the appliances and cupboards and cabinet fronts. I'm glad to have that done, since I'll be having company in a couple of weeks! It's time for a push in cleaning house.

Last night, I finished the baby sweater I've been working on, but it would only have worked if my in-laws were to have a monkey-baby. Much too long in the sleeves. I ripped it back, and I'm trying again with a lot fewer plain rounds between the raglan decrease rounds. When I started taking it back, Ben asked, "don't you want their monkey-baby to be warm?" He's hilarious, that Ben.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Ugh, I hate doing baseboards! I was just doing some recently. They were all pretty dirty when we moved in and I have to admit that I have not been over all of them in the year and a half we've been here. I can't believe how lazy I am!

On the bright side, my son likes helping me out.

Bethany said...

Well, with a little boy and a new baby, if actually cleaning your baseboards at all is still lazy, I'm hopeless! lol I haven't cleaned some of ours since the winter time, so that'd be about eight months. And some I haven't cleaned since we moved in almost two years ago! They can collect a lot of dust in that time!

I try to sweep them off when I sweep the floor, thinking that'll keep them cleaner longer, but it doesn't seem to work.

Alison said...

Whoa. You're supposed to clean your baseboards?

Bethany said...

I know, right? I couldn't believe it. I mostly only do it in the places where they get really dirty, like the kitchen where the crumbs fall or by the litter boxes (Litter dust sucks!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails