Monday, August 17, 2009

New Yarn

On Saturday, after having new tires put on the car, Ben and I went into St. Louis to pick up tickets for the Cardinals' Stitch n Pitch game. My mom and sister are going to be in town, and we wanted to make sure we had the tickets in plenty of time. And while we were at an awesome yarn store, I could hardly resist picking out some new yarn. This wasn't really a spur of the moment purchase though, since I already knew just what I wanted.

I want to make myself a light grey sweater with a fair isle band of thistle flowers across the chest, so I went to pick out the yarn for that project. They had to order the light grey for me, but I was able to bring home the colors I want to use for the color-work. I'm really looking forward to playing around with these and coming up with the design I want to use.

This sweater project is behind a couple in line, first being the baby sweater I'm hoping to finish today. And I have a large gauge wool from the craft store I used to work for in AZ that I want to use to make a sweater for myself, as practice before I start this one, with more complicated techniques and more expensive yarn.

Here's a post from three years ago when I bought the yarn I'm going to make my first sweater from. The store was going out of business, and this wool is so soft and lovely, I'm still hyped, three years later, about that deal. Anyway, I had a sweater in progress for Ben from that yarn, but I ripped it out before we moved here, because it came out way to large, and he wouldn't have worn it. His is supposed to be black, red and white, and someday I might start again and make it. Mine will be pink, black and white. I'm hoping to start that project today, if I finish the little baby sweater that's sitting here looking forlorn because I'm planning other projects.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I love those colors. Wow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails