Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Glowing Home

Missouri Botanical Garden Sept. 2009


It's feeling good to be home and making things around here shine again. I spent this morning cleaning up and unpacking from our trip and doing laundry. Then I picked tomatoes and put them through the strainer to make sauce. Ben wanted me to use the cherry tomatoes for the sauce too, but I think in the future, I'll just use the opalka, because this batch is taking quite a bit of cooking down. The cherry tomatoes are much waterier.

I don't think I'll can this sauce, since I doubt I'll even get a full quart, so it's just going to go in the freezer. When I finish that, I'm planning to finish cleaning the living room (sweep the floors and dust), then I might sit and knit for a bit, and maybe watch Dancing with the Stars.

The neighbor dropped by and gave me some Oak saplings to plant. She's transplanting things, and has run out of room in her yard for trees, so now she's populating mine. I don't know where I'd want to have oak trees, but I wouldn't feel right letting them die, so I'll find some good place for them.

I'm off to enjoy just being in my clean house now!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails