Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Sleepy. But good.

The house is nicely cleaned. I didn't really have to do much, but there's always getting ready when company comes. Our porch continually looks haunted, because the spiders just rebuild every day when I knock down the webs. I'm afraid I might have to start killing some of them. I don't want to, but I think they might be the dangerous kind.

The chickens are molting, I think. We haven't gotten an egg from each of them for a few weeks now (I mean to say, we get four eggs from five hens, but not five eggs, which they generally will lay), and there are feathers all over the run. They also look a little ragged. I hope that the new pullets will start laying next month, because that'll help keep the supply up for our customers while this molting thing is going on.

I didn't go to my homemaker's meeting today. I got a little sunburned yesterday and woke up with a sore throat this morning, so I decided to stay home and knit instead. I'm going to start the sleeves of my sweater, and I'm hoping to do them both at the same time, using the magic loop method. That way, I won't have to try to keep track of the first one to make sure the second one will match.

I've spent the morning doing laundry and some baking and various chores here and there, so I'm going to settle in and spend the afternoon with my sleeves. Unless I totally fall asleep while knitting and take a nap instead. I won't deny it, that is possible today. :)

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Related Posts with Thumbnails