Friday, December 11, 2009

Fried "Chicken"

Yesterday was the Christmas lunch for the Homemakers' club. It was a lot of fun, and I won a prize because I dominated at Christmas carol trivia.

The party was held at a little restaurant in town, that had "chicken" listed on the menu. Yes, I actually asked why it was in quotes, because I wanted to order it for lunch, and I had to make sure that it really was chicken and not some kind of "chicken" made of tofu or something. It actually was chicken, and it was pretty delicious too.

So, other than that, I've been up to a few different things this week. Not all of them constructive, but the cold weather does slow me down. I finished a few books that I've been wanting to read. Oh, I have to say, if anyone else is reading the Diana Gabaldon Outlander series and hasn't read Echo in the Bone yet, don't bother until the next one comes out. It's honest just a giant cliffhanger book to set up the next one.

I think the pullets have been making progress. The brown one is fitting in better and is eating among the older flock now, even if she does get scolded now and then. The white one is having a harder time of it, but I can't tell if it's because they're harder on her, or if it's because she seems to be too afraid. They do scold her and peck her, but not hard, and not really ganging up anymore, but she runs to the corner and hides at the first sign of any of the other ones pecking her, and won't come back out for a while. I'm concerned that if she doesn't start trying harder, she won't fit in at all.

I haven't made any concrete plans for today yet, just my regular Friday chores of washing the sheets and sweeping the floors. I do need some new lounge-y type pants, since I only have two pair of long ones, and one has a hole in them now. I still resist wearing work-out / lounge pants all day, because it seems just a step away from the slippery slope of a homemaker in her sweats or pajamas all day, but my jeans that I like to wear are so expensive, and not wearing them everyday around the house really drastically extends the life on them. So I at least want to make sure that my work out clothes (which I wear for working out, and for my regular work, and for relaxing in) aren't ratty or unattractive looking.

Wait, what was my point? Wow, I'm rambly today. Oh, so I should make myself some more pants. I have fabric, some nice cozy knit that I bought a while back when we lived in AZ, and I do have a couple of patterns to try out. But I just don't know if I'm ambitious enough for sewing today. I'm sure if I go work out, then I'll feel a lot more energetic and ready to get some stuff done!

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Related Posts with Thumbnails