Monday, December 07, 2009

I'm going to write this post with bullet points, since I have a few things to jot down and mention, and they're all unrelated and don't really fit together.

  • Columbo passed his test at the vet. He doesn't have rabies, we get to keep him, and I think that's the end of it. Right now he's drunk from the sedative we gave him beforehand, because when we take him to the vet, it's like Taz and a wolverine had a cat baby and we put him in a box. He still tried to kill them, but he was much slower and the tech was much braver than they usually are and held him firm. He kept trying to walk around and jump on things, but missed and fell, so we shut him back in his travel box for a while to keep him safe.
  • I'm making boiled dinner for dinner tonight, and I can't wait to eat it! I couldn't find any pork hocks, so I got some pork riblet things... rib trimmings, I think. I think they'll work just as well. And won't be all gross to look at, like neck bones are.
  • I've been practicing driving, getting on the highway and stuff like that. I don't really enjoy it, but I no longer shake or panic, so I'm getting much better. I have to take the neighbor to an eye appt on Wed, but I told her when I agreed to do it, we'd be taking the rural highways, not the expressway, so it's cool.
  • The feast of the Immaculate Conception is tomorrow, so we're going to the vigil mass this evening. Last year on the same day, there was a big ice storm. That was the morning I fell down the porch steps, we were on our way to church. They're calling for a big rain/snow/ice storm tomorrow too. Must just be something about Dec 8.
  • I have a Apple Crisp in the oven. I'm looking forward to it, because it's so cold and gray today. It's the perfect kind of day to come home to boiled dinner and warm apple crisp.
  • The chicken integration is still going along. The brown pullet seems to be fitting in pretty well now, but the white araucana is very ostrasized. I've been fencing them off for at least a couple hours every day to make sure that she is getting the chance to eat and drink without the others giving her trouble. I hope that they'll at least accept her enough to start letting her eat at her own feeder and waterer soon.
  • I've been loving my Wii Fit. I really want to try some of the other balance board workout games, but they're all expensive, so I can't decide which one to try. I don't want to end up wasting money on one that isn't as fun as the other ones. I've been looking at Biggest Loser, Dance Dance Revolution 3, EA Sports, All Star Cheer Squad 2, Gold's Gym, and Jillian Michaels 2010. I'm interested in My Fitness Coach too, but that one doesn't use the balance board. It does use a regular aerobics step, which would be a lot of fun to try. Anyone ever play any of these? I'm considering getting a Gamefly account, just to get to try all of these out, so I can decide which one I want to buy.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Mmm . . . apple crisp and boiled dinner. Can I come over? ;)

Bethany said...

You absolutely would have been welcome... my boiled dinner got much larger than intended. I would have had plenty! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails