Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Smart or Pathetic?

Let's play a little game. Is it smart or pathetic that I...

...wait until afternoon to take my "morning" shower so that I can get right in the warmth after coming in from feeding the chickens and collecting eggs?

...keep blankets spread on the couch at all times, and sit down under them automatically?

...hand wash more dishes than usual to enjoy the hot water?

...have started exercising twice a day, just so I can get hot?

Is it me, or is this winter starting to seem like a hard one already? And this coming from someone who prefers the cold!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Smart!

I've also been baking more and leaving the oven door open afterward. It feels so good for a few minutes.

Bonnie Story said...

I hear that! I have become the official firewood mover-and-stacker by choice! Nice to get warm. I often wait to shower after doing outdoorsy stuff since if I get sweaty and then cold, it seems like I can't warm up again for the whole day without that nice hot shower. Doggone winter around here has been just dreadful so far. Yikes. Stay cozy!

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

I vote smart too! I have blankets everywhere to snuggle under and we have wood stoves that we keep pretty hot and I love it! :)

Worknprogress said...

Yup. There's no doubt about it.
You're a GENIUS!! :o)

Just be thankful we aren't chickens, eh? :o)

Worknprogress said...

Yup. There's no doubt about it.
You're a GENIUS!! :o)

Just be thankful we aren't chickens, eh? :o)

Wanda said...

Smart X 4. Pretty creative, too. One of your things reminds me of something a client of a nurse friend of mine told her. She was an elderly lady with arthritis who told my friend that she left her dirty dishes until morning, so she could wash them and have the hot water ease her hand pain first thing in the morning. Good idea!
I heard it is supposed to be a colder and wetter winter than usual for us here in South Texas. It is FOR SURE colder, earlier! We even had brief snow! Here! South Texas! Usually, we are still flirting with warm, summery weather at this time of year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails