Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I have an Agri-Crush on Joel Salatin

On Monday night, Ben and I watched Food Inc. It's a fascinating film, and I really recommend it. It was a lot like a movie version of The Omnivore's Dilemma, which is a pretty good thing to have. It's easier to get people to watch a movie to read a book, so I'm actually thinking about buying it and making everyone I know watch it.

Anyway, the filmmakers visit Polyface Farm and interview Joel Salatin. It's amazing to see him speak about his farming system and food production. One, it's just great to see someone who is so passionate and excited about something. The fact that it's his own farming system that gets him so geeked is pretty endearing. I get pretty geeked every time I explain about Polyface to someone. And secondly, it's not too often that I hear someone say things that I think. I've hardly ever read anything or saw anything quoted from him and have not agreed.

I wonder if he has many farm-groupies?

<

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Anna said...

I know what you mean. I have several agricrushes --- on Joel Salatin and Harvey Ussery, among others...

Worknprogress said...

Totally get what your saying--after reading Omniv. Dillemma...my heart's all aflutter for M. Pollan and Mr. Salatin!

Melonie said...

Funny, I was never a very good rock band groupie but I can definitely get on board as an agri-groupie. heehee

I keep hearing about Food, Inc and haven't ordered it yet (can't find it as a rental here) but you've sold me. It is going on my next Amazon order!

Related Posts with Thumbnails