Monday, April 26, 2010

Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My....Feathers

So, Sick Little Hen is feeling a lot better now. She was back to normal yesterday, though she still hadn't layed an egg. I'd have liked to wait until she did, so I'd know that all was normal again, but I just couldn't make her stay in a cage in the garage anymore.  Poor thing must have been getting so bored and lonely.

So, last night back into the coop she went. This morning she seemed a tad disoriented, but through the day she got her spunk back and was scrambling right along with the rest of them for bread and clover.

So, I'm not sure if she's completely recovered and supplying eggs again.  But I'm pretty sure she's going to live now. Yay, no dead chicken!

The photo is from last week, when I had her soaking in a warm bath. That, supposedly, will help relax any clenched or cramping muscles, and move the egg along in an eggbound hen.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

Thank you for the advice on the peppermint oil! I love your blog. I'll be back!

Related Posts with Thumbnails