Monday, April 12, 2010

Good Monday Morning to All!

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had very nice weekends.  Mine was both restful and productive.  Ben and I hung out watching netflix on the couch for much of Saturday, but we also managed to get the chickens moved off of the winter spot, plant four butterfly bushes and two rhubarb plants, and clean up some things in the yard.

Today I'm looking forward to mowing the lawn.  It's Lawn Mower Opening Day.  Ever since we got the riding mower last summer, I've really come to enjoy mowing the lawn.  It's just me and my audio books, out in the sun, watching the birds dive and chase the bugs I stir up.  Very calming and contemplative.  While at the same time kind of exhausting and chaotic.  Exhausting because of the sun and shaking, chaotic because of the huge noise and the fact that I sometimes find myself mowing dangerously, despite my best efforts to avoid it.  Good thing there's a kill switch built in if I slide off the seat.

After cleaning up a very disastery kitchen and mowing the lawn and starting my tomatoes and peppers (better late than never), I'm planning to relax with last week's Dancing with the Stars (I'm behind because no one would let me watch it last week, lol) and my knitting.  I'm just getting past the ankle on the purple striped sock I posted about a bit ago.  I'm hoping to get it finished this week.

I think the dew should probably be dry now, so I'm headed out to commune with my lawn mower.  Hope you all have lovely Spring-time Mondays as well.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Mishieru said...

I had a great weekend too, the most wonderful weekend ever. I went camping with some friends and it was my first time. I had the pics on my blog.

Someday, i wish i could be as busy as you, like that in the kitchen and backyard coz it looks fun. I am still single so no activities like that for me yet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails