Monday, June 14, 2010

Charity Knitting: Quick and Easy Baby Hat

I've been working my way through the random single balls of yarn that I've gotten at all the Stitch n Pitch events we've been to in the last year. I figure I'll do some hats and maybe some quick sweaters to donate a box at Christmas time.

This is a really simple pattern that I made up as I went along. The cast on edge is the bottom of the hat, and it's knit flat in garter stitch till it's as tall as a hat should be.  The two ends are sewn together, then the seam is sewn to the spot directly opposite, making two "loop" type shapes. Then the outside of each loop is tacked down on the same spot. These are super cute when worn, and great for beginning knitters. Especially in bulky yarn, since they go so quickly.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails