Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flower Harvest

I'm making yogurt today, and since the dehydrator will be running for a while for that purpose, I thought it would be the perfect time to dry the chamomile blossoms that have opened so far.

While I was out in the herb bed, I cut lots of yarrow blossoms to use for an infused oil.  I'll use the yarrow infused oil mixed with plantain, lavendar, comfrey, and calendula infused oils to make a salve for the first aid kit.

The chamomile blossoms, I'm drying mostly for tea through the winter time, but I think I might like to make a tincture or glycerite with them too, if my plant produces enough for both uses.

Other things that have been going on:
-I planted the last of the King of the North bell peppers this morning. The garden is going in, slowly yet surely.
-Today is my Grandma's birthday. Cousins and siblings who read my blog, call Grandma. :)
-Tomorrow, we're having rock delivered to be a base for the shed we're going to have put in. I'm pretty excited about that! Well, the shed more than the rock, but getting the site ready is a pertinent first step.
-This evening, after Ben gets home, we're going to mark out the site for the man to spread the gravel. And after that, we're going to order our shed. Yay!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I am starting to get so jealous of people's fresh herbs. I think I'm going to plant some in my front flowerbed.

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Oh and I'd love to hear how you make yogurt in your dehydrator. I'm currently considering the purchase of one. :)

Bethany said...

I love the fresh herbs! I'm very grateful that I'm getting a good collection of the different medicinal and tea herbs.

Thanks for reminding me about the yogurt, I had pictures all ready, I just needed to write the post. It's up now, I hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails