Tuesday, July 06, 2010

A Project 2 Years in the Making

Well, it didn't actually take me two years to finish this embroidery if you only count the working time, but it did take me so long to stop procrastinating and get it done.

I started in the summer 2008 but lost interest after the fourth of July. So I put it away till last summer, when I discovered that I'd done a little more than half of the red parts in the wrong color red! I pulled out some of it, but got discouraged and put it away again.

This past weekend, I decided to try to get it finished up. I cut the wrong color stitches instead of pulling them out, which sped up the process considerably. (Don't ask me why I didn't do that in the first place!)

So, now it's done, and I can get it sewn.  The finished project is a wallhanging. One of a series of holiday/seasonal ones from kits that I bought at a Ben Franklin store that we stopped at on the drive from AZ to I'LL when we moved here. Maybe this year, I'll get them all finished...

Though I think we all know better than that. The power of my procrastination combined with my project ADD is just too much.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails