Thursday, September 02, 2010

Fall Cleaning

I was planning to do more canning yesterday, but my very slowly ripening tomatoes foiled that plan when I couldn't find enough ripe ones to make a batch of sauce.  So I started my fall cleaning instead.

It turned out to be more of a decluttering and sorting than cleaning, per se.  It turns out it's difficult to scrub corners and baseboards when there's furniture covered in books and projects in the way. Go figure.

So I definately accomplished a huge Fall Decluttering, and today I'm planning the detail work like baseboards.

I'm still working on the sweater I started last week. Not that I could have finished it by now, but it's like me to have abandoned it for another project.  Because I suffer from the sad condition known as Crafter's ADD.

One of the older hens is molting right now, and she was getting pecked, and didn't seem quite able to get up and down the step into the coop, so I separated her this morning into the infirmary cage.  She also got a treat of some cat food for the extra protein to help her grow back her feathers.  Poor molty.

I've been cat sitting for neighbor, and one of her cats is older and can only eat canned food.  I really can't stand dealing with canned food, I rarely give it to our cats.  But I feel bad for this kitty, he's like a little old man cat.  So I've been going over there twice or three times a day, just to make sure he's eating more than once.

It's a rainy rainy day here today.  I got soaked through this morning doing my chores.  I think I'll get my work done for the day and then snuggle up with a movie and my knitting.  So much more satisfying and cozy on a cloudy gray day!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails