Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A Birthday Gift for My Dad

My dad's birthday was Monday, so last week, I put my crafting brain to work. He, of course, insists that we shouldn't buy him presents, but he can't object too much to homemade things. 

I made these monogrammed handkerchiefs from the non-worn parts of a really nice cotton sheet that I got at the Goodwill.

The edges are finished with a rolled hem on my serger, and I did the embroidery in a backstitch with three threads of embroidery floss in royal purple (his favorite color).

The gift was a success, and he tells me he'll actually be using them, not just saving them for "good".  I was happy to hear that, since he's a pretty notorious saver of things.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

chicory cottage said...

sweet! i've got to figure out how to weave my dad some golf towels...perhaps with his favourite team logo?

Mary said...

Those are nice!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails