Monday, November 01, 2010

Free Range Baby!

I've been trying to let the chickens have some free range time while there's still grass and bugs to find. Looking forward to the snowy winter days ahead has made me want to take full advantage of what sun and green growth we still have for now.

I'll be home and in and out of the house all day today, so it seemed like a great opportunity to let them have a full day of freedom.  I have to keep a close eye out when they're ranging so I'll be able to stop them from ranging too far, and keep them safe if maurading dogs lay seige to the coop.

But they love getting out of their fence.  I guess the grass just seems greener.  It makes them so happy and active, it really seems worth having to check on them thirty million times a day.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Worknprogress said...

Isn't it awesome to look out the window.and see little chicken bums everywhere?
Congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails