Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rolling Along

Poor neglected blog!  I'm so sorry, dear readers, for the desert of posts my blog has become lately.  I really don't know what the problem is.

It's not a lack of interesting things going on. Just yesterday, I made Gingerbread Scones from a new recipe I saw in the Dec. issue of Scrapbooks etc.  (They turned out yummy. Sorry, I can't post the recipe, copyright and all that. It's on page 74 if you want to check it out.) And there's always the silly things the chickens and cats do, if I'm looking for blog fodder.

It's not so much that I don't have time.  My phone takes passably good photos, so it makes it pretty convienient to document the fun and post.  Even the longer mutiphoto how to posts don't take *that* much time to put together.

I haven't lost interest, I'm still very proud of my blog and think about keeping it up often.

I'm afraid that in the end, the problem might be some sort of writers' block.  I just seem to be having a pretty hard time finding my starting point. Figuring out how to make real every day life bloggable.  I've never had trouble with that before, but it just seems like lately, my activities aren't fitting my blog template.

Maybe I need a site redesign?
Or an assignment?
Or theme blogging days?
Or to just be a better enforcer of myself and to stand o5ver me till I get that blog posted upon, young lady!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I know what you mean. My posts have been a bit sparse lately. I've been doing plenty of interesting stuff; I'm just busy and don't feel any urgent desires to post. I need some motivation too!

Marion said...

I am definately not one to talk, since I haven't posted in months, but I could offer you a couple of assignments if that would help.

I would love to know what you do during this time of year to prep for next year's gardens. Also, it would be fun to see more of your craft projects, more about the chickens (I am thinking of getting some in a year or two) and more of your craft projects.

Have fun!

Alison said...

Yeah, I completely understand. I think I need some sort of theme or something to get me going again. I just don't find my daily activities interesting enough to blog about. Sometimes I'll think of something that I think would make a great blog post, but I never get around to writing about it.

Anonymous said...

I really like your site. Excellent content. Please continue posting such profound cotent..

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?.

Related Posts with Thumbnails