Friday, March 18, 2011

How Things Are

Find the hidden kitty!

It's a gray and rainy day. I have the chickens free ranging, which they love, but considering that they're favorite places to scratch and dig and dust bath are the garden beds, and I have to get the onions and peas in asap, it's going to be back to the rotating pasture pen soon.

I made a batch of laundry soap today, and realized that it doesn't even take me all of fifteen minutes to do, if I've already grated the soap.  I might have to put Ben to work grating while we watch a movie sometime!

I've found that Meatless Fridays for Lent are less challenging every year, it seems. We have lots of meatless days anyway, and there are so many eggs with 14 laying hens, that we eat eggs several times a week.  Tonight's plan for dinner is crepes, French Canadian style.  (Maple syrup instead of fillings.)

There's not a whole lot else going on today.  I've managed to finish my whole to do list already, so I think I'm going to settle in with my knitting until Ben gets home and the weekend officially begins.

We have big weekend plans of rearranging the living room furniture.  We're such party animals.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

bootextiles said...

Soo happy you have visited me at my little blog. I think yours is wonderful. I love that you are doing so many of the things I aspire to. Thanks for sharing your lovely life x

Bethany said...

I enjoyed your blog very much. I love finding interesting new bloggers to follow.

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's very encouraging to have comments from readers expressing their enjoyment of my blog. Lets me bear in mind that there's a reason I take pictures of everything I do! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails