Friday, April 08, 2011

Grow Light

I splurged this year and got this really nice grow light for seed starting.  It's got plenty of room for two of the 72 spot greenhouse beds that we like to use.

I got the tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers seeded last night. Once again, I'm late getting started, but I am a week and a half earlier than I was last year, so I'm certainly improving.

We ordered the light on Amazon and it came all complete, with the stand and bulb and fixture.  It's a lot bigger than I realized it'd be, but if I can find a good place for it, I think it'll be great for us and we'll be able to grow into it in the coming years as well.

The light is really easy to raise and lower, so it'll be able to get really close to the starts and keep them from getting spindly.  I can't wait to see if it improves my seedlings this year.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Marie Anne said...

Nice! I have my tomato seeds (started in eggshells, no less) sitting on top of the dog crate that I have my chicks in to take advantage of the warmth from the brooder light.

Deirdra Eden-Coppel said...

I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Creative Blog Award.
Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra

Related Posts with Thumbnails