Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Drat!

Well, let the perfectionism get to my blogging last week! After I missed a couple of letters in the A-Z challenge, it seemed like I couldn't just jump back in. Then I got more behind, etc. You know the story, lol.

I had a great time with my family over Easter. It was so good to have my big brother visit!  He brought a big bag of frozen starwberries from his garden, so this week I made jam.

I used the Ball No Sugar Needed pectin and sweetened it with just a little honey. It turned out really yummy.  I can't wait till I have my own strawberries growing!

The chickens have been getting out of their pen and causing a lot of trouble among my cabbages. Naughty chickens. But over the weekend, we moved their fence and pinned it down better, and now they stay where I've put them! I'm having an awesome feeling of power and accomplishment about that. Ben says that outsmarting a passel of chickens is nothing to brag about, but it's still making me really happy.

My lawn is a jungly mess.  We've been getting so much rain! The water is deep all over the yard, so I haven't been able to mow yet.  I did clean the garage so that we could have plenty of room to tune up the mower, so it'll be ready as soon as the yard isn't a swamp.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I have always wanted to make my own jams and jellies. I even bought a couple of books. Everyone tells me how easy it is but somehow, I'm still intimidated by the thought of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails