Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Garden Tip

I've been frustrated in the past with the fact that garden produce seems to bring so much dirt into the house, not to mention all the leaves and trimmings that belong in the compost and have to be brought back outside.

To help combat that, I picked up a weatherproof cell phone box in the camping section, and hung it from my trellis in the garden beds.  This holds a simple folding knife, making it really easy to clean and trim veggies whenever I'm out there, leaving all the extra organic material in the beds to compost, where it belongs.

You can see my little knife holder on the left side of the picture from a couple weeks ago of the watermelon.  I half expected someone to ask what it was when I posted the pic, but I guess it blended right in to all those watermelon vines!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails