Monday, August 15, 2011

On the Health Front

Well, we've signed up with a personal trainer, but have not yet had our first session with her.  I'm really looking forward to being under some guidance and encouragement when it comes to working out.  I've lost a lot of ground, fitness-wise, in the last couple years, and I'm very enthused about gaining some back!

I got three workouts of about twenty minutes each in this past week.  Not ideal, but I'm working my way back up there.  We also walked around for about three hours Saturday morning, shopping in historic St. Charles.  Not precisely a workout, but definately activity, and much more activity than watching movies is!

I've been thinking quite a lot lately about emergency preparedness and how much that ties in with health and wellness.  Its so important to be prepared for big disasters and small emergencies.  But I've been dwelling on the fact that no matter how organized my emergency supplies and plans are, they don't mean much if I can't manage to hike, or haul, or lift, or run.  So, on my list of small motivations for weight loss and health gain, I'm definately adding the fact that it will help become fit enough to be ready for emergencies.  And healthy enough to practice and learn new skills, like hiking and camping.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

anthony stemke said...

You are off to a good start. Progress slowly, but do progress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails