Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quite Contrary

My garden has been growing, though slowly.  I think the heat has slowed down even the heat-loving plants, like the peppers and tomatoes.



Baby gourds. 
It may be way too late for them, but they're so cute and fuzzy I didn't want to pull up the vines yet.

The pepper patch.
We've gotten a couple of peppers so far, but there are many more in the production phase.
The one in the corner is an eggplant that hasn't done anything yet.


My chickies are starting to look kind of ragged and worn down.  It's molting season, and they're all sort of sad and molty right now.  But they're not as hot as they were, and this earlier molt should be good so they can all re-grow before the cold weather comes.



(We got a new camera, btw.  Could you tell?)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Deirdra Eden-Coppel said...

What a charming blog!


You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. It’s not a pass on award. This is just for you to keep. I want to award you with the Creative Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra

Related Posts with Thumbnails