Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Having some Halloween fun!


Our friend Ken, who abondoned us early in the summer to move home to GA and actually live in his house with his wife, was in town this week for some meetings in St. Louis.  The James bed and breakfast is always open to friends and family, so I was more than happy to have him staying here, giving us the chance to visit.  And to keep our tradition of annual pumpkin carving!

His birthday is this month, so I made a white cake with caramel frosting and threw caution even farther to the wind with a taco buffet for dinner last night.  Of course, it's back to protein rich and nutrient dense low calorie meals today.  Eh.  Day off was nice while it lasted though!

To have the tacos ready ahead of time, I just made up the filling (lean beef and black beans in equal measure, with taco seasonings) and kept it warm in the slow cooker until dinner time.  It worked like a charm.  We also had mulled cider, kept warm in the small dipper crock pot.

I'm certainly in a Halloween mood now, and the weather is agreeing.  Lots of windy rainy cold.  Just the way I like it.  The chickens disagree.  They didn't want to get out of bed this morning, and seemed to resent my opening up their door and rousing them.  And Pickles has taken up her station under the bedspread, in the middle of the bed once again.

My back is feeling better, and I'll be very glad when I get the all clear from the chiropractor that I can start working out again.  I see him again tonight, and I'll have to check with him, but I think I'll be able to get back on track working out tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it, I've been trying to unlock certain exercises on Exerbeat.  It's very motivating that the game makes you unlock things to do them.  As though, if I have to earn the longer work out, doing it is like a reward, lol.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails