Monday, October 10, 2011

Progress Being Made

Does it look like maybe Pickles needs to join in on the fitness training that's been going on around here?

Things are going well with us.  My weigh in on Saturday showed that I've lost twenty pounds so far.

To celebrate, I'm going to list some things more important milestones than weight loss that I've been gauging my progress by.

  • This week, I wore my awesome "Smitten with the Mitten" t-shirt that Julie gave me in honor of our home state for the first time in a year or so, because before it had been too snug.
  • I had the strength and stamina to kneel upright at church through mass, where before, I've had to rest my back and legs often by leaning back.
  • I can keep up with Ben so much better now, at the charity walk we did Saturday morning, I think I hardly slowed him down.
  • The capris I bought at the beginning of this summer are too big.  And though that's sad because they're pretty cute, it's a good excuse to buy more cute pants next spring!
  • I can carry the bags of chicken feed (40lbs) back to the coop without stopping to rest my arms.
  • We got our bikes from the shop and have been on a number of bike rides, and this has been FUN, not difficult or onerous.
  • According to ExerBeat, I'm averaging about 500 calories burned with my workouts, up from around 300 a few weeks ago.  I can work harder for a longer time.
  • My recovery time after getting my heart rate very high and getting really out of breath has been a fraction of the time it was a few months ago.
  • Less anxiety and worry, not only about my health, but about other things as well.  Exercise is a real reliever of that.

My back hurts a lot today, I was on my feet a lot on Saturday, in addition to the charity walk and a training session, and it seems to have really strained the muscles.  I don't think it's anything serious, just some soreness, tightness, and cramping, but it was making me pretty grumpy.  Making this list, combined with the fact that I just finished my work out despite being cranky, has really brightened my day. 
Try it.  Go for a walk, and then make a list of good things in your life.  It's fun how much good a little bit of having a positive outlook can do.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Kelsi said...

Wonderful news!! Congratulations!

Buying "skinn-ier" clothes is definitely a treat! Enjoy!

Plus selling plus size clothes on ebay has worked out really well for me. I sell a little, buy a little. Win, win!

Worknprogress said...

Congratulations on your accomplishments!! That is terrific news and your focus is inspiring. Something i need a lot of around here. :)

Go on girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails