Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tintied Moisturizer with NO Animal Testing?

I've been on a search for a tinted moisturizer to replace my ex-favorite Neutrogena.  This search has been going on for a number of years, actually, ever since I found out that Neutrogena uses animals in testing their cosmetics and skin care lines.  So sad.

Anyway, I don't buy makeup too often, which is why my search has been so long on-going.  I'm losing patience though, because I've tried quite a few that I just have not liked.  Physician's Formula doesn't test on animals, but their tinted moisturizer gave way too much coverage for me, and felt more like foundation, which I do not like wearing.

Almay, Jane, Wet n Wild, Revlon, and, of course, Burt's Bees are all brands that are safe to buy and don't test on animals, finished products or component ingredients.  Smashbox, which is more expensive, as well as Lancombe and Estee Lauder don't either, but I just can't see paying upwards of $30 for a tube of moisturizer.

Now, just to find a tinted moisturizer that I like, is affordable, and is made by one of these companies.  I hope Neutrogena feels bad about all these complications they've added to my life.  Not to mention the sad bunnies.

I recently bought Almay's Smart Shade foundation which has very nice light sheer coverage, but it's not a moisturizer, and I'm concerned I'll miss that component as the weather gets colder and drier.  So the search continues...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Alison said...

I tried to post this before but I'm don't think it worked. Anyway, here is a list of cruelty free
companies

\\http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/default.aspx

In particular, here are some tinted moisturizers

http://www.mybeautybunny.com/2011/cruelty-free-tinted-moisturizers/

Bethany said...

Ali, thanks! I have the Leaping Bunny wallet guide, but that list has everything and the kithchen sink, so it's not the easiest to use. Do you have one you like? A tinted moisturizer, not a list. :D

Alison said...

No, I'm the perfect color

Alison said...

The sencond link was specifically tinted moisturizers, did you look at that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails