Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Inaugural Run

I get to use my new dutch oven today!   I got it a couple of weeks ago when Ben and I were on a trip to visit friends in GA. On the way through TN, we saw signs for the Lodge factory outlet and knew we had to stop.

I haven't gotten to use it yet, because, as it turns out, eating fewer calories means less cooking!  Today is cold and rainy, though, so I'm making a big batch of white bean and kale soup.  I'm sure it'll taste better for having been made in my cozy new dutch oven.

Don't mind the state of my stove, I'm such a messy cook!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I hope you love it! We love our cast iron.

Bethany said...

It's awesome. I can't wait to make something like roast in it. Or cornbread! Or biscuits! Or learn how to bake cobbler in it with coals on top! lol, guess I love it.

anthony stemke said...

I love cast iron, have several pieces, the first one I bought in 1966.

Related Posts with Thumbnails