Friday, October 21, 2011
Thursday, October 20, 2011
I've been on a search for a tinted moisturizer to replace my ex-favorite Neutrogena. This search has been going on for a number of years, actually, ever since I found out that Neutrogena uses animals in testing their cosmetics and skin care lines. So sad.
Anyway, I don't buy makeup too often, which is why my search has been so long on-going. I'm losing patience though, because I've tried quite a few that I just have not liked. Physician's Formula doesn't test on animals, but their tinted moisturizer gave way too much coverage for me, and felt more like foundation, which I do not like wearing.
Almay, Jane, Wet n Wild, Revlon, and, of course, Burt's Bees are all brands that are safe to buy and don't test on animals, finished products or component ingredients. Smashbox, which is more expensive, as well as Lancombe and Estee Lauder don't either, but I just can't see paying upwards of $30 for a tube of moisturizer.
Now, just to find a tinted moisturizer that I like, is affordable, and is made by one of these companies. I hope Neutrogena feels bad about all these complications they've added to my life. Not to mention the sad bunnies.
I recently bought Almay's Smart Shade foundation which has very nice light sheer coverage, but it's not a moisturizer, and I'm concerned I'll miss that component as the weather gets colder and drier. So the search continues...
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
- This week, I wore my awesome "Smitten with the Mitten" t-shirt that Julie gave me in honor of our home state for the first time in a year or so, because before it had been too snug.
- I had the strength and stamina to kneel upright at church through mass, where before, I've had to rest my back and legs often by leaning back.
- I can keep up with Ben so much better now, at the charity walk we did Saturday morning, I think I hardly slowed him down.
- The capris I bought at the beginning of this summer are too big. And though that's sad because they're pretty cute, it's a good excuse to buy more cute pants next spring!
- I can carry the bags of chicken feed (40lbs) back to the coop without stopping to rest my arms.
- We got our bikes from the shop and have been on a number of bike rides, and this has been FUN, not difficult or onerous.
- According to ExerBeat, I'm averaging about 500 calories burned with my workouts, up from around 300 a few weeks ago. I can work harder for a longer time.
- My recovery time after getting my heart rate very high and getting really out of breath has been a fraction of the time it was a few months ago.
- Less anxiety and worry, not only about my health, but about other things as well. Exercise is a real reliever of that.
My back hurts a lot today, I was on my feet a lot on Saturday, in addition to the charity walk and a training session, and it seems to have really strained the muscles. I don't think it's anything serious, just some soreness, tightness, and cramping, but it was making me pretty grumpy. Making this list, combined with the fact that I just finished my work out despite being cranky, has really brightened my day.
Try it. Go for a walk, and then make a list of good things in your life. It's fun how much good a little bit of having a positive outlook can do.