Tuesday, January 10, 2012

In the new year

I hope all of you had a beautiful Christmas season!  We had a very nice holiday.  I was very glad to get to go home to MI and visit family.  We picked up some kind of bug while we were travelling though, and have both spent the last couple of weeks all gunked up and sick.

I think I'm starting to shake it though, and get to feeling normal again.  I'll be glad to start my regular workouts again.  I've been walking, because it's more gentle.  The walking has been nice, very relaxing and the weather has been so gorgeous lately!  But I have to get back on track and really burn the calories if I'm going to earn myself anymore weight loss milestone rewards.  And I have my eye on a new mp3 player, so I won't have to tape the earphone cords down in order to hear (out of just one ear, lol) anymore.

We were careful not to overindulge during the travel and holiday feasting, so neither of us gained any weight.  I'm very pleased about that, because gaining weight in the middle of training and getting healthy seems like such a backward thing to do.

I've had my mind full of new year plans and habits lately.  I don't do resolutions in general, because I always figure that waiting to change things only at a certain time of year and putting so much pressure on yourself is a recipe for terrible disaster.  But this is also a natural time of year for me to do some planning, since it's time to plan the garden, and I also have more time on my hands than any other season gives.  I'm working on establishing some routines now that I hope will lend success to a lot of the projects I'm planning for the year.

I've been thinking about household routines, mostly cleaning and organizing.  I also have a lot of plans to step up my Etsy shop.  Since they've gone to a default relavancy search, I've made so many more sales of my patterns, and I really enjoy selling the pdf files.  I would love to put together some more tutorials or patterns to sell as well.  I'm still in charge of the county newsletter for the homemaking club I'm in, and I'd like to establish a more organized and standard routine for getting it put together, now that I've gotten a few issues under my belt.  The garden, of course, is on my mind, and I want to get it planned, but also to make sure that I have systems in place for everything else before the busy garden work starts up again, so I can try to stay on top of the weeds this year!

So, that's what I've been up to lately.  I'm also planning my 2012 blogging year, and I hope I can continue and increase the amount of information and projects and fun I try to share here!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Melonie said...

Good job on combating the holidays without any weight gain - that's so hard for most folks!

I'm with you - I don't really do resolutions per se but this is definitely my time to really reassess the past year and plan for the new one. And seed catalogs....eeeeek!

Congrats on the Etsy sales - that is awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails