Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winter Pursuits

I've been happily stitchinng and cleaning. I love winter because it gives me so much time for the fun indoor things that I love.

I'm working out a design for a tutorial for felt flower pins, pictured up above. I've been sketching and refining some embroidery designs. And knitting! I've been knitting away at my Elizabeth Zimmermann Suspender Sweater every day, but it seems sisyphian, because the rows are so long, from front bottom hem to back bottom hem. I am starting to see a little progress though, and I've been switching back and forth between the two sides, so that the stripe pattern would match. I can never remember that kind of thing, though I think I will. At least I've learned not to trust that feeling!

The felt flower was a fun little break from knitting. I love working with wool felt so much! There's just something so satisfying about the way it feels and looks. For some reason, it reminds me of crayons and I'm sure I've mentioned my love affair with Crayola before.  Anyway, this is a little gift for a friend whose birthday is coming up.  I wasn't sure about how to finish it, because the whole thing began with the idea of making her a "Birthday Girl" corsage, because she's big birthday lover and wants people to celebrate with her. But then I decided it made more sense to make something that can be worn more often.  I might make a detachable ribbon or something with "It's my birthday!" on it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your embroidery is so precise! Very sweet :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails