Monday, March 26, 2012

A Good Spring

This is Speckle.  She's one of the only chickens that has a name. We can't tell the rest of them apart well enough to name any of them. She came running to greet me this afternoon as I came back from my walk. They all like to hang out in the front beds, but Speckle is a real front door hen.

Things have been going pretty well here. My birthday was Saturday and we had lots of fun going to St. Louis to have lunch and get fancy cupcakes. We shopped every aisle at the international foods market and I came away with some pretty interesting things to try out and experiment with. And lots of great looking snow peas to snack on this week.

I'm not sure if my own peas will produce much, since it's been such a quick warm spring. Spring is always kind of non-existent here but I'm guessing it'll get hotter more quickly than usual this year and stay that way. My potatoes are supposed to come this week, and I have onion sets all ready as well. I'm feeling good about the garden this year. My main goals are tons of tomatoes, garlic and  onions. Sounds yummy just thinking about it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a great celebration you had!

Speckle is so cute. We have back door hens. Every time they see us coming out of the back door, they come running from the ends of the Earth to see we we're up to.

Doesn't it just make your day seeing a chicken run? :)

Whit

Related Posts with Thumbnails