Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Bringing Order

Oh my goodness, has it been a challenging couple of months. I've been traveling, first home to help my parents when my dad had his surgery, then on a vacation Ben had planned for our tenth anniversary. We had a great time. We went to Colonial Williamsburg and road tripped back home touring distilleries as we went. At Williamsburg we took a drop spindle  spinning class, during which I learned the basics of spinning and managed to totally hurt myself, poking a hole in my arm w the spindle.

I've been working long days trying to get the house and yard and garden into some kind of order because I'm headed back to MI again soon for my little brother's wedding and my oldest nephew's graduation party.  My tomato seedlings are frightened that they'll never actually get put in the ground.

I'm switching the spring veggies in the raised beds over to summer things, snap peas to green beans, etc. We're working diligently to get better at keeping up with the weeding and landscaping. I have to say, all the weight we lost last fall (and we're still improving our fitness and health too, though it had taken sort of a backseat w everything else going on) has made it much easier to have the stamina and strength for the outdoor work. That's what I set out for in the first place w seeing the trainer and I'm so glad to be enjoying the results.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails