Thursday, July 19, 2012

Onion Braid

I've been trying to keep things going in the garden despite the heat and drought. I've been managing so far by getting up very early and working outside before it gets too hot. I've also been watering most of the vegetables every day.

Not everything is thriving though, and the onions all gave up, laid down and died back before they'd gotten very large. I cured them all anyway, and plan to get what I can from them.

This is the first year I've tried braiding them, so I experimented w a few of the red onions today. We grow mostly yellow onions because they are much better keepers.

I just braided the tops together, adding new onions with each twist or so. I think it'll be nice and convenient to have them right there in the kitchen and ready while I'm cooking. And it looks kind of nice in an old fashioned homey kind of way.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

I love it! I think it's very decorative.

Related Posts with Thumbnails