Monday, July 09, 2012

Organizing Box Tops

I save all the Box Tips for education that we get for my nephew's school, but since we so seldomly buy any name brand things, it takes a very long time to get very many. In the meantime, those tiny little things end up all over, being annoying and getting lost.
This is my quick solution to the problem. I just knocked a slit into an old canning lid w a chisel, flattened the sharp edges back w pliers, hit it and the ring w a dose of white spray paint, and screwed it on to one of those tiny four ounce jars.
Perfect to keep in my counter file box, and easy to just slip them right in, so they're gathered up and have an actual place they belong.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

What a great idea! We don't buy very many box tops either, but my lucky son has aunts and uncles and grandparents sending them, so we get plenty. What a good aunt you are!

Bethany said...

Aw, thanks. I try to be a good aunt to all my neices and nephews. It can be hard, since we're far away from them all.

The idea isn't quite mine. My sister showed me the "duty box" my nephew made in scouts out of an old plastic container. It came up because I was saying I had some for them, but had forgetten to gather them up before leaving. Again.

So I guess it was some scout leader's idea, though I did housewifify it and cutesy it up a bit. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails