Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie

I came up w a delicious flavor of protein shake for the fall. This seriously tastes like pumpkin pie.

The recipe makes 8 servings, perfect for freezing and eating through the week.

I used dehydrated pumpkin puree, but canned would work too. Make sure it's 100% pumpkin, not pie filling.

4 cups pumpkin
8 scoops protein powder
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 can evaporated milk
3 Tbl cinnamon
2 Tbl ground ginger
1 Tbl ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves

If using dried pumpkin, allow it to soak. Blend all ingredients. If you don't have a big enough blender, this can be done in two batches.

I only had room for my yogurt, pumpkin and protein powder, so I added the evaporated milk to the freezer jars to be shaken in later.

This is a very thick smoothie, so water or tea or coffee should be added as desired to thin it out for drinking.

One shake is about 230 calories.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails